Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Castoriadis and economic theory

Hello,

I just joined academia.edu and added Castoriadis as a sub-topic under philosophy. I'm pretty lonely there right now.

I wanted to turn people's attention to the political economic work of Jonathan Nitzan and Shimshon Bichler (bnarchives.yorku.ca). They have made some use of Castoriadis in their new theory of capital.

There is now a discussion group based on their theory (http://www.yorku.ca/cmass/forum/index.php). I have posted two papers I wrote on Castoriadis. One is linking Castoriadis and Veblen in more deeply explicating how the pair relate to N&B's 'power theory of capital.' The other is using Castoriadis to critique a little discussed, but vital (and ridiculous) component of neoclassical economics, the representative agent.

I hope others who work with Castoriadis will consider the work of N&B as an alternative to Marx's labour theory of value and capital.

Thanks,
Troy Cochrane

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting my comment.

For those interested, you can contact me at dtc [at] yorku.ca.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home