Thursday, October 16, 2008

Forthcoming Book on Castoriadis

I thought people might be interested to know that a book I have written about Castoriadis’ work is scheduled to be published in 2009 by Brill as part of their Social and Critical Theory series. The title will be Castoriadis: Psyche, Society, Autonomy.

This will be the first monograph in English dedicated entirely to a consideration of Castoriadis’ ideas. The book is both an introduction to Castoriadis’ key concepts and arguments and an exploration of some of the philosophical underpinnings and implications of his work.

I will make another announcement once the book has been published.

Jeff Klooger

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger NSU Network Group 8 said...

Hi Jeff,

This is really exiting. In the meantime, do you have any articles published in journals etc?
Ingerid S.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only one published article on Castoriadis, which does touch on some of the specific issues dealt with in the book: 'Interpretation and Being,' Thesis Eleven No. 83, November 2005, pp. 15-24. Let me know if you can't find it. If so, I could send you it as an attachment, or as a hard copy - I still have some offprints.
Thanks for your interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home